ACTIVITIES OF FEBRUARY, 2011
This year's academic session of Presidium Senior Secondary School has been full of learning and exciting events. Where the Clubs and Academies raised the bar of aspirations and abilities of children, Curriculum for Being brought about a transformational shift in their mindset. Children were exposed to experiential learning in various subjects. Thus making education much more meaningful and enjoyable for young minds.
Events and Celebrations:
* Holi Celebrations - The colour of love is the brightest among all the colours of holi. It is this colour that makes everybody forget their differences and come together to enjoy. Children will celebrate the festival of colours with their friends and teachers in the month of February.
* World Water Week - Children would be made aware and sensitized about the importance of water and the need to conserve it by celebrating 'World Water Week' in the month of February. Children will participate in a special assembly and view a smart board presentation on the use and misuse of water during the week.
* Flower Day - Children will learn to appreciate and know more about various flowers that make our planet earth look so colourful and beautiful. Children may recite short poems and bring photographs to create a collage of different flowers.
Clubs and Academies:
Clubs and Academies of Presidium Senior Secondary School will showcase the grand culmination of various skills and talents learnt by students on the Annual Day. The learning of the whole year will be presented in the form of spectacular performances. Widening horizons, giving wings to imagination, adding spark to creativity, the Presidium Clubs and Academies continue the tradition of honing life skills and polishing talents in children. The clubs and academies make every occasion an opportunity for children to discover and showcase talents and skills. Let's see what February has in store for the leaders of tomorrow.
* High on Energy - The Sports Academy will teach the little ones to dribble, pass and chase the ball in the game of football, thus helping them improve their agility.
* Dancing is Fun - The Dance Academy will join hands with the Fun and Humour Academy to make a holi a memorable day full of dance and fun. Children will dance on holi songs, learning to add humour in the art of dancing.
* Raag Ras - The Music Academy will further enhance the understanding of music by teaching children to sing a raag in high as well as low scale.
* Face to Face - The Theatre Academy, being the end of the session, will expose children to some of the key previous exercises of theatre and enhance the performance of the students in terms of level of confidence, facial expressions, voice modulation etc.
Curriculum for Being:
In the month of February children will learn to love and accept the people around them may it be their peers, family or teachers. Under 'Being Loving' project children will realize the power of loving and appreciating others the way they are. This will empower children to build strong relationships with the people in their life.
Parents have the power to mould the entire personality of their child. The influence of positive parenting is far more powerful and lasting than any other negative influence in a child's life. Presidium will always be by your side to help and direct you to use your powers in the best possible way. Here are some gems of positive parenting for our dear parents:
* Encourage your child to question. A child who questions learns far more than those who don't. 'Be instrumental in your child' learning by encouraging him to correlate his academic knowledge with real life situations. Like identifying helpers as walk to the market, identifying vehicles that run on different fuels as you enjoy the ride on the car etc. Refer to article on pg.no.26 in 'Secrets of Positive Parenting-Vol. I' by Sudha Gupta.
* Appreciate your child so that he learns to appreciate others around him/her. Genuine appreciation brings lot of love in one's life.
* The desire to be accepted by peers is so strong that children forget their own beliefs. Strengthen your child's will power so that nothing can overpower him.
* Make one rule. Never go to sleep with unsaid feelings in your heart. May it be 'I love you' or 'I am sorry'. It will strengthen your bond and communication with your child.
Back to News & Updates