ANNUAL DAY CELEBRATION OF PRESIDIUM
Presidium, rated among one of the most trusted formal schools of Delhi and NCR, in support of its NGO Sparsh organized a gala event for the cause of mentally challenged children on 9th and 10th of February in Siri Fort Auditorium. This occasion also marked the school’s annual day celebrations. The mega event was graced by renowned actor and producer, Mr. Arbaaz Khan and the first woman Speaker of Lok Sabha, Ms. Meira Kumar.
A cheque of 51 lakhs was presented for the noble cause to Sparsh NGO which has constructed ‘Shri Sumer Chand Bhavan’ in Rohini where a school for mentally challenged children by the name of Savera Special School is based. Mentally challenged children gave an incredible performance, leaving the audience in awe and tears.
Titled as ‘I believe therefore I am’, the mega event was full of inspiration and enthusiasm. About 10,000 parents and grandparents witnessed the spectacular performances of the students. This grand event was organized by the students of Management Academy while the Mass Communication Academy hosted the show. Other academies of the school including Dance, Music, Theatre, Fun and Humour, Sports Academy etc. also contributed to make this show a hit.
The audience was spell bound by the inspirational theme drama based on Presidium’s philosophy ‘Be What You Want to Be’. While the agile students of the Sports Academy celebrated the success of Commonwealth Games, the Dance academy mesmerized the parents with their breathtaking choreography. The performance by special children of Savera Special School and Presidians was a beautiful amalgamation of our stand for Raise the Humanity. Children performed on popular folk songs of Punjab, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Bengal and Maharashtra. They also dazzled the audience by performing western dance form Jazz, Salsa and Waltz.
The Delhi Times acknowledged our stand for Savera Special School by giving a beautiful picture of our chairperson, Mrs. Sudha Gupta and Arbaaz Khan on its front page.
Mrs. Sudha Gupta, renowned parenting expert and chairperson of Presidium expressed her excitement, “Presidium is a not just a school but a revolution, a revolution that is transforming education. The theme ‘I Believe Therefore I Am’ is yet another step towards empowering children to believe in their dreams and make them a reality. And by bringing mentally challenged children and the students of Presidium on the same stage, I want to give a message to the society that these children are equally capable and deserving.”
The biggest event of the year, Annual Day Program was celebrated on 30th December'08 at Siri Fort Auditorium. Each and every Presidian got an opportunity to enthrall a large audience through their mesmerizing performances. The theme for Annual Day was "Raise the Leaders". The entire Presidium family got together to live this theme through a series of performances like "Raise the belief", "Raise the individual", Raise the culture", "Raise the humanity", "Raise the humour", "Raise the style", "Raise the happiness" and "Raise the leaders".
Virat Kohli, the Under 19 world champion and an idol for all our budding Presidians graced the occasion. The entire event wad dedicated to special children from Savera Special School. These special children left everybody touched by their heartfilling stage performance. Our school presented a cheque of Rs.50 Lakhs to Savera Special School.
To summarize all the performances displayed by our children were depicting that they are in true sense rising as leaders.
PROJECT: INCREDIBLE INDIA
At Presidium we focus on Project based learning, so that children are exposed to real life experiences. During Republic Day, we gave our children projects like : CLEAN INDIA and INCREDIBLE INDIA.
Through "CLEAN INDIA" project our children aimed at keeping their school, home and surroundings clean. And not only this children also aimed at making our country free of all the bad elements prevailing in the society like pollution, germs etc. Through "INCREDIBLE INDIA" project our children got an opportunity to interview a few responsible citizens of our country and understand what actually makes them one. The children thereafter penned down and shared their realizations. They shared during assembly, what makes them proud of their country and what positive change would they bring about.
Such projects will surely aim at helping our children emerge as responsible citizens of India.
ROCK N ROLL WITH CHRISTMAS CARNIVAL
The Presidium family organized the most happening Christmas Carnival in the schools on 25th and 26th December. The Carnival spread the essence of happiness and fun all over. It had so much in store for everybody including thrilling games, breath taking performances, adventurous sports like flying fox and repelling, finger licking food, exciting rides, magic show, non stop foot tapping music and much more.
The Christmas Carnival
was a great success as many Presidians came to enjoy the festive experience with their family. The captivating and enthralling dance performances by dynamic Presidians were appreciated by one and all.
The Carnival beautifully got everybody together to celebrate the jingling bells of Christmas and to welcome the stupendous New Year ahead.
PRESIDIAN SETS A NATIONAL RECORD AT INDIA BOOK OF RECORDS
We believe in outperforming ourselves!!
We believe in setting new standards!!
We are the champions of tomorrow!!
And we did it again!!
Sehajdeep Singh Kohli (born on July 24,2007), a student of Presidium, Paschim Vihar sets a new national record 'Most Countries Flags recognised in one minute' on May 7, 2011 at India Book of Records.
PRESIDIANS WIN GOLD & BRONZE MEDALS IN SKATING COMPETITION
The brilliant students of Presidium Senior Secondary School participated in an inter-school skating competition held at Indian Heights School, Dwarka where they won gold and bronze medals in inline skating. Students from leading schools of Dwarka participated in this competition which took place on 19th February, 2011. The students who made Presidium proud are:
Pari Gulati ( Class I B) who won two gold medals
Rudra P. Joshi (Class Nursery-G) who won two gold medals
Achintay P. Joshi (Class 3rd) who won two bronze medals
This is yet another feather in our cap as Presidians emerged winners of the competition.
ACTIVITIES OF FEBRUARY, 2011
This year's academic session of Presidium Senior Secondary School has been full of learning and exciting events. Where the Clubs and Academies raised the bar of aspirations and abilities of children, Curriculum for Being brought about a transformational shift in their mindset. Children were exposed to experiential learning in various subjects. Thus making education much more meaningful and enjoyable for young minds.
Events and Celebrations:
* Holi Celebrations - The colour of love is the brightest among all the colours of holi. It is this colour that makes everybody forget their differences and come together to enjoy. Children will celebrate the festival of colours with their friends and teachers in the month of February.
* World Water Week - Children would be made aware and sensitized about the importance of water and the need to conserve it by celebrating 'World Water Week' in the month of February. Children will participate in a special assembly and view a smart board presentation on the use and misuse of water during the week.
* Flower Day - Children will learn to appreciate and know more about various flowers that make our planet earth look so colourful and beautiful. Children may recite short poems and bring photographs to create a collage of different flowers.
Clubs and Academies:
Clubs and Academies of Presidium Senior Secondary School will showcase the grand culmination of various skills and talents learnt by students on the Annual Day. The learning of the whole year will be presented in the form of spectacular performances. Widening horizons, giving wings to imagination, adding spark to creativity, the Presidium Clubs and Academies continue the tradition of honing life skills and polishing talents in children. The clubs and academies make every occasion an opportunity for children to discover and showcase talents and skills. Let's see what February has in store for the leaders of tomorrow.
* High on Energy - The Sports Academy will teach the little ones to dribble, pass and chase the ball in the game of football, thus helping them improve their agility.
* Dancing is Fun - The Dance Academy will join hands with the Fun and Humour Academy to make a holi a memorable day full of dance and fun. Children will dance on holi songs, learning to add humour in the art of dancing.
* Raag Ras - The Music Academy will further enhance the understanding of music by teaching children to sing a raag in high as well as low scale.
* Face to Face - The Theatre Academy, being the end of the session, will expose children to some of the key previous exercises of theatre and enhance the performance of the students in terms of level of confidence, facial expressions, voice modulation etc.
Curriculum for Being:
In the month of February children will learn to love and accept the people around them may it be their peers, family or teachers. Under 'Being Loving' project children will realize the power of loving and appreciating others the way they are. This will empower children to build strong relationships with the people in their life.
Parents have the power to mould the entire personality of their child. The influence of positive parenting is far more powerful and lasting than any other negative influence in a child's life. Presidium will always be by your side to help and direct you to use your powers in the best possible way. Here are some gems of positive parenting for our dear parents:
* Encourage your child to question. A child who questions learns far more than those who don't. 'Be instrumental in your child' learning by encouraging him to correlate his academic knowledge with real life situations. Like identifying helpers as walk to the market, identifying vehicles that run on different fuels as you enjoy the ride on the car etc. Refer to article on pg.no.26 in 'Secrets of Positive Parenting-Vol. I' by Sudha Gupta.
* Appreciate your child so that he learns to appreciate others around him/her. Genuine appreciation brings lot of love in one's life.
* The desire to be accepted by peers is so strong that children forget their own beliefs. Strengthen your child's will power so that nothing can overpower him.
* Make one rule. Never go to sleep with unsaid feelings in your heart. May it be 'I love you' or 'I am sorry'. It will strengthen your bond and communication with your child.