PRESIDIANS CREATE AWARENESS ON SOCIAL ISSUES THROUGH NUKKAD NATAK
Proudly associated with our magnificent culture and history, Nukkad Natak is the oldest form of storytelling and was used in communicating and connecting with the general public on important issues. It is an important educational tool to sensitise the community on social issues like female foeticide, substance abuse, molestation and dowry. Presidians from Grade 12th decided to do their bit and presented an eye opening Nukkad Natak in their school premises. They brilliantly captured the issues affecting our society through their impactful and bold performances.
Conveying such hard hitting social messages in public spaces is a fine example of talent, artistry and unmatchable confidence. Bringing to light the different reasons responsible for the existence of such miserable issues in our society and how they can be eliminated, the young Presidians left the peers spellbound. This thoughtful initiative by the leaders of tomorrow is commendable and sets an example of how the future generations can help shape an egalitarian social environment.
PRESIDIANS GIVE ELOQUENT SPEECHES AT INTER CLUB DECLAMATION MEET
A good orator moves people and appeals to their hopes and dreams.
With the aim of fostering and conditioning the public speaking and critical thinking skills in students, a Declamation contest was organized at Presidium. They spoke on varied topics of global, national and current issues like: gender equality, terrorism, global warming etc. The event witnessed an impressive display of intellect and oratory skills from Presidians.
Students learn how to masterfully craft the language through Declamation and get a chance to re create the famous speeches of great leaders and orators from across the globe. They interpret it in their own way, recreate it through a speech and get an opportunity to redefine public speaking is with a fresh perspective.
The meet proved to be a motivating and knowledgeable experience for students wherein they enhanced their fluency, expression and confidence as a speaker.
PRESIDIUM’S TAEKWONDO MASTERS ADORN 13 MEDALS AT HARYANA CHAMPIONHIP
Taekwondo champs of Presidium Faridabad have made us proud by winning 13 medals at the 3rd Grand Open National Taekwondo Championship-2017. Presidians proved their martial arts skills amongst more than 250 students from over 30 schools participating in the Championship. Our Taekwondo masters won accolades and medals with their impeccable kicks, punches and blocks and recorded an impressive victory at the Championship.
The achievers are:
1. Yashveer Singh of Grade XI, won a Gold medal in the U-73 Kg category and he also won a Silver medal, a Special Award for Experienced player.
2. Devash Dubey of Grade X, won a Silver medal in U-63 Kg category.
3. Sanjeevni Aggarwal of Grade IX, won a Bronze in medal U-52 Kg category.
4. Sneha Dagar of Grade IX, won a Bronze medal in U-59 Kg category.
5. Janvi Jindal of Grade VII, won a Bronze medal in U-47 Kg category.
6. Kanishika Jindal of Grade III, won a Bronze medal in U-32Kg category.
7. Dimanshu Ahuja of Grade II, won a Bronze medal in U-35 Kg category.
8. Shaurya Mittal of Grade III, won a Bronze medal Over-35 Kg category.
9. Sanchi Keena of Grade VI, won a Bronze medal in U-33 Kg category.
10. Ananya Keena of Grade III, won a Bronze medal in U-24 Kg category.
11. Himanshu Singla of Grade VII, won a Bronze medal in U-61 Kg category.
12. Diti Kansal of Grade V, won a Bronze medal in U-45 Kg category.
13. Varuni Bector of Grade VII, won a Bronze medal in U-41 Kg category.
Congratulations to the coach and our achievers!
'A MOTHER’S HEART IS THE MASTERPIECE OF GOD’ CHEER PRESIDIANS
Mothers are the image of God on this Earth!
Understanding and cherishing the value of this thought, Presidians celebrated Mother’s Day with a deep sense of love, respect and admiration for their Mothers. There is no love as special as that of a mother, and this celebration was in honour of those beautiful souls who have unfailing and pure love in their hearts - MOTHERS.
Presidians celebrated the day by performing on a splendidly choreographed song on Mother’s Day. They made beautiful greeting cards and wrote loving messages for their moms and presented it to them with gratitude. Such celebrations build respect, love and appreciation in children for their loved ones and they recognize the value of a family and relationships.
Happy Mother's Day
PRESIDIANS ENLIGHTENED BY THE TEACHINGS OF LORD BUDDHA
“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness can never decrease by being shared.” Gautam Buddha
The preachings of Lord Buddha have been a source of great wisdom, insight and inspiration for many around the world. His philosophy of the ‘Four Noble Truths’ and the ‘Noble Eightfold Path’ guides us to the path of spiritual awakening and seeking eternal knowledge. Every year, 10th May is celebrated as Buddha Purnima all over the world, symbolizing his birth anniversary and the day he attained enlightenment.
Presidians celebrated the occasion of Buddha Purnima as a tribute to the great philosopher, Lord Buddha, who was the preacher of love and harmony. Showcasing his journey of life and how he went on to become a great philosopher and spiritual teacher, an assembly was specially organized, where the students also staged a skit on his teachings and philosophy on life and its principles.
Inspiring us to lead a righteous life, achieved with truth and determination, the day served as a reminiscence of the valuable teachings of Lord Buddha.
PRESIDIUM BAGS 8 MEDALS IN 4TH STATE STUDENT OLYMPIC GAMES
Showing exemplary grit, determination and sports spirit; our champion athletes won 8 medals: 6 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze at the 4th Student Olympic Delhi State Game-2017, held at Raijv Gandhi Stadium; organised by the International Students Olympic Committee. Among 900 children participating from various states all over India, Presidians performed their best and claimed the medals one after the other in various categories.
The winners are:
1. Dhruv Bajaj of Grade VIII won a Gold in (category).
2. Aarav Singh of Grade III won a Gold in (category).
3. Diya Jain of Grade V won a Gold in (category).
4. Bhavit Bajaj of Grade III won a Gold in (category).
5. Bhavya Bajaj of Grade III won a Gold in (category).
6. Bhavya Kapoor of Grade III won a Gold in (category).
7. Karan Singh of Grade III won a Silver in (category).
8. Yashita Dhingra of Grade I won a Bronze in (category).
Congratulations to the coaches and the achievers.
PRESIDIANS CLAIM 14 MEDALS AT THE STATE LEVEL DEBATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Presidium Gurgaon’s masters of debate and reasoned expression have won the Inter School BEHES Debate championship. They have qualified for national level Finals. Their intellect, reasoning and quick-witted replies gave them a well deserved win.
More than 200 students from schools all over Delhi, participated in the championship and Presidians outshined them and won a total of 14 medals-6 Gold, 5 Silver and 3 Bronze. They proudly claimed the Championship Gold trophy and the Overall Best Speaker trophy.
The winners are:
1. Prarthita Nath of Grade XII, won a Gold medal, the Overall Best speaker trophy and her team won the Championship trophy.
2. Nuti Yadav, from Grade XII, won Gold medal and her team won the Championship trophy.
3. Kshirin Rao, from Grade XII, won a Silver medal and her team won the Championship trophy;
4. Naisha Kamboj, from Grade VIII, won Gold medal.
5. Arahant Vishnu Saini, from Grade VII, won a Gold medal.
6. Ayush Rahul Savdekar, from Grade VI, won a Gold medal.
7. Raghav Sharma, from Grade IV, won a Gold medal.
8. Laiba Rahman, from Grade XI, won a Silver medal.
9. Joeell Singh, from Grade IX, won a Silver medal.
10. Bhavika Gupta, from Grade VIII, won a Silver medal.
11. Ria Bhargava, from Grade VII, won a Silver medal.
12. Pari Shukla, from Grade VII, won a Bronze medal.
13. Megha Chauhan, from Grade XII, won a Bronze medal.
14. Aakriti Sidhu, from Grade IX, won a Bronze medal.
15. Prisha Sinha, from Grade VII, won a Bronze medal.
16. Nischal Parwani, from Grade VII, won a Bronze medal.
Congratulations to our young debaters and their mentors.
CELEBRATING THE WONDER & MAGIC OF DANCE ON WORLD DANCE DAY
Dance is the hidden language of the soul, perfecting which liberates us!
Presidium is an institution that believes in fostering love, respect and appreciation for all art forms in students. Dance being one of most ancient and celebrated art forms of India, it is deeply engrained in its culture and heritage. To celebrate the beautiful art form and set a platform to showcase the traditional Indian classical dance forms, Presidium celebrated World Dance Day in association with Spic Macay.
Enlivened by the performances of various renowned dance maestros-Bharatnatyam dancer, Smt. Rama Vaidyanathan; Odissi dancer, Smt. Ranjana Gauhar; Kuchipudi dancer, Smt. Meenu Thakur; Kathak exponent, Km. Mahua Sarkar; Kathak exponent, Smt. Ragni Chandrashekhar; the stage was lit up by their beautiful performances. Witnessing the wondrous and magical performances, Presidians were in awe of the dance Gurus and were inspired by their devoted pursuit of the art form. The maestros briefed them about the intricacies of the mudras and steps of various classical dance forms of India. The interaction proved to be a learning experience for Presidians as they brushed up their knowledge about the art of self-expression and weaving stories through dance.
The transcendent experience developed a deep sense of respect in students for the rich cultural heritage of India, its traditional classical dance forms; and admiration for dance as a performing art.
PRESIDIUM DWARKA 22 WINS THE INTER PRESIDIUM BADMINTON TOURNAMENT
“Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to win and to lose; it teaches you about life.” Billy Jean King
Presidium’s badminton court was packed with action for 3 days, which saw exciting matches and extraordinary winning shots being played by Presidians at the Inter Presidium Badminton tournament-2017.
Presidium Dwarka 22 lifted the Overall Championship trophy by 11 points, Dwarka 16B stood at second position with 9 points; and Faridabad and Indirapuram shared the third position at 5 points each.
The winning teams in various categories are:
1.The Under 12 Girls category was won by Dwarka 22 with Runner-up as Dwarka 16b and 2nd Runner-up as Gurgaon 57.
2.The Under 12 Boys category was won by Presidium Indirapuram with Runner-up as Dwarka 16B and 2nd Runner-up as Presidium Hisar
3.The Under 14 Boys was won by Dwarka 16b with Runner-up as Dwarka 22 and 2nd Runner-up Indirapuram.
4.The Under 14 Girls was won by Faridabad with Runner-up as Dwarka 22 and 2nd Runner-up as Gurgaon 57.
Presidium believes that academic learning and sports compliment each other. The institution follows a comprehensive educational approach that includes sports as an important pillar of education. The tournament was organised in sync with this approach. Sports are an important contributor in developing the overall personality of students. Other than sportsmanship, it promotes the qualities of leadership, sharing, team spirit and tolerance in students. Sports should essentially be included as a part of school curriculum for students of all ages.